Monday 30 April 2012

Appraisal Day

These 2 weeks, I was waiting to be called into the room for appraisal. 6 months coming, and since I postponed my resignation desire, I wanted to be confirmed.

So, last day in the branch, and I thought I would have a peaceful nice day, settle all stuffs in the pending list. Mana tau, biz manager gave me another case, incomplete documents.... > < The impatient me did what I need to do lor...Sigh. 

Around 4pm, Biz manager said Boss wanna see me in the conference room. She went in too. I just knew what was coming. A rush of excitement came. Of course, I was nervous too. How should I react to it? What would he say? What scoring will I get?

I sat slightly uncomfortable. Then he begin his speech. It's funny how he tried not to make me feel bad for some scoring he gave me. He carefully select his words as if not to make me feel belittled or something. My score is 63.33%. Which was slightly bothering really. I'm not gonna lie. As a student who always fights to win marks, not seeing at least a B made me feel sad. 

He gave me his last advices and let me signed the appraisal. I walked out with a bewildered face, not exactly knowing what kinda emotion I should be showing. I told my senior and she said it was a good scoring. Hardly anyone get 70% and above. I looked at my mentor and I told him all about it. He kept smiling. 

 @8.15pm...before I went back home for good. C the files, they were just a quarter of what I had on the table. The files were so thick n huge in volume, they surrounded me like a barrier for office cubicle and you will never able to spot me even when I'm not hiding~

Around 5.30pm, when I approached my mentor again for some questions, He asked me to look over to the CA place. 4stack of pizzas and 2 large pepsi were on the table. I was like, hey this explained why the smell. My senior told me that boss sayang you. LOL!!! What!!!

From what he witness with his duration in bank, boss hardly confirm anybody on time. And he definitely hardly initiate a small informal farewell party like what he did. And so he did, walked out from his room, he asked for everybody attention in the office. I just purred a big No from my seat.... 

After my biz manager gave a speech which was convincingly drawing tears in my eyes, I gotta do a speech myself. I wasn't prepared for this. Seriously, I was so blank, I couldn't find words to say. I end up doing phrasing error and grammatical ones as well. And I just stopped when I knew the rush of emotion came puring out form the eye corner. No! Cannot cry!! So, I stopped and the feast begun.

Very awkward moment. Very. 

I hantam 3 slices of pizzas....whoah, fattening. After much eating and chit-chatting, we all resumed work.
@8pm, when I settled all the pending work, I went into boss room to say goodbye and to final thanked him. He is definitely a great leader. I think if he could, he would wanna absorb me into the branch. Too bad. Too bad... Opportunity comes with 2 main factors. Time & Luck. 

The actual speech, if I could just prepare a little :

Thanks for all the guidance to all seniors here. You guys are thoughtful, helpful and knowledgeable in developing this new trainee and now that she has grown and is ready to be taken out as MCO. You guys are the enhancer, undeniably the one that mold me into this independent credit officer. I truly wish I'm good enough to stand alone in the new journey to many branches while meeting a whole new batch of people. 
You'll miss me when I'm gone!!! LOL!!!

I gave my boss a hand made bookmark. Macam x ngam but just a token of appreciation. The main and most important thing is not to embarrassed him in other branches. 
 I will try my best to carry myself well ya :)






No comments:

Post a Comment