Thursday 29 September 2011

Jcdagreat's Convocation 26/09/11


Woke up at 5.15 am, bathed, make up and dressed up. Started the journey blurry at 6am. Not a smooth morning. My voice was super sexay. After breakfast, the traffic was slow and by the time I reached UKM, it was already 7.30am. Being the easily anxious girl, I was shaking. Well, nobody was really ready. Only a portion of graduates were there. Fuhh, relieved. So, I wore my robe and examine the right way to wear the square hat. It was so lose. And it spoiled my hairdo.


I was happy to see all Barneys in perfectly healthy shape and everyone was flashing their happy smiles.We were so busy taking pictures we didn't realized it was almost 9am and the lines were just slowly crawling into the main hall.


We were the last few to get into the hall. But we managed to stay together-us, the girls. Well, that was the least we all could do for each other now. I hope Lay Mei saw this picture. U're in my heart at that very moment. 


The Yang Di-Pertuan Besar NSDK was here to present us the certificates. No wonder it took so long. It was always FST who deserved this special treatment. "Special". Varsity Kita had a new song arrangement to it which made me impossible to be emotional like I want it to be. Then we had some nice surprising guests singing with our very own choir. A guy named Roy who sang some patriotic songs, sang two songs for us. Bla bla bla...too many talks from two many people. Seriously, who cares. I just wanna get that bloody cert.


Anyway, no thanks to their arrangement and our massive number of graduates (one thousand plus) in this particular section, I only managed to squeeze out at 12.45pm. Message and calls kept coming in cuz fwens were already there since 11.30am. 


It was chaotic! I was practically pulled from one side to another and I just have no time to answer call. They kept looking for me while I was lost in sight. I can't even give them the exact location as I was in another position in every split minute. Gifts were crazy 'lots, I just couldn't hold 'em all up. Some were on the ground, some with my parents (thankfully they stay put to help me out), and I lost count of them and the senders. Please don't hate me on this. 


It was a total chaos. LOL. A lot of my friend made it there. PT dancers were the surprise guests. I thought they couldn't make it. But all of the babes were there for me. I just yelled and threw myself to them. Before I could digest this fact, Newtuners gave the n-th calling to have a group shooting. Roomie waited for me for almost an hour plus. 



I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry to kept so many of you waiting. The best I could do was cursing the YDP while all graduates urged to get the hell outta the hall. I'm sorry cuz I couldn't find time to have an equal fair share of togetherness with many of you. I even miss out taking photo with my own lovely juniors. Dammit. I didn't managed to give out quite a few presents to my beloved course mates.


I did not expect the number of friends and the amount of loves that surrounds me at that moment. It was overwhelming. Together with the bright hot sun and a lot of running and sweating, I almost collapsed. I squatted a few times as fatigue took over. Not so great huh? LOL

Vincent was also a surprise guest. Not sure if I were suppose to be shocked or to be mad. I couldn't ask for any better. I was just too happy to meet them all at once here on my big day. Seniors took leaves for us, studying fwens needa travel from another location or escape classes just to witness these new born graduates.
I was just so touched. I am actually loved. 

I love, am loving and Loved. 

Full circle~ You guys made me whole, you know that! 


Dear Biologists, we finally graduated. With much knowledge and much dignity. We walked tall and can proudly called ourselves a well-trained certified biologist.



 As dysfunctional as we are, I'm always thankful for you guys. You are not just the sources of my genes, you guys brought me here, and made all these possible. When I past by you guys holding my cert high up in the air, I was acknowledging your efforts in these 3 years. I'm glad I drew a smile on your face.


Roomie, thanks so much for your arrival. Wait you come back Bangi, then we go lepak ya. Love u deary Joanne Tan.



This was taken during Siewwin's section in the evening. She and Hooilong are my besties in Newtune. Whenever or whatever I do regarding music, I thought of you both. You guys never give up on me when I almost give up on NT. You bear my insanity, stubbornness and weaknesses. You guys never fail to be there for me, supporting me when I'm most vulnerable. Such strong pillars of strength I'm blessed with :)


It was an amazing four days Convocation journey I had. I'm glad everything falls into places just perfectly. Special thanks to fer fer for being so welcoming. It was a nice sleepover moments with you. :) Can't believe we both are so similar in so many ways.  


Thanks a lot for the gifts. They are all so adorable and many of them are thoughtful precious presents. Tracie made her presence felt with her specially designed piece of artwork. I felt u all the way from Sabah. & I miss you dearly. I wish I could list down my thank you list here but I don't think I need to. I don't and won't underestimate the level of understanding you had in me. 

I graduated with 80% of fwens who are of the same batch with me, those who I came to know, like and love. It feels good to be able to ride this exciting route with you, and now that we arrived to our own destination, I hereby wish all dearies Happy convocation and go get ur ass moving ASAP. Strike for your dreams. I had my vision fixed and am on my 1st step on making dreams come true. 


Joanne's signing off, I'm half way registering myself into the real world. Keep updating urself. Keep yourself updated too!
Lastly, JC loves you. For you, I'm great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment