Wednesday 21 September 2011

As J C it ---Ego Vs Humility > English Language


What makes one ego? How do you know when you are being ego? Is it bad to keep it? Well, let this self proclaimed ego girl tell her piece of mind about it.

Pictures beautify a blog...so there u go~


Growing up in an average family with nothing much to boost about made me humble. Enrolled in a popular high school with so many Bananas (Chinese who can’t/don’t speak or write in Chinese) made me ashamed of myself. I used to hate English language very much as I hated the teacher and I just wouldn’t listen to her. This had limited my friend’s scope and the exposure that I could have been through. Nobody wanna be fwen with loser in high school. I was just always a loud girl who talks alot.



I knew I have this artistic side of me that could raise my popularity but I wasn’t really sure where I stand. I was very much unnoticed during my high school journey. I was humble and belittled and I know I wasn’t happy. This isn’t me. Why would a lively person ever restraint herself this way? 


I finally took advantage of the humiliation I suffered and let it enhance my motivation. I brushed up the language by doing a lot of reading, writing and communicating. It wasn’t easy really, but the first step to success is to be able to laugh at your own flaws. Acknowledge it and seek the right remedy. I did and the next thing I knew, I was being labeled as a Banana too. Ego raised and I was proud of myself for one good reason; I did not admit defeat. Standing tall with MUET certificate stating band five scorer was an achievement considering the effort I poured into pushing the envelope in a limited time. 


This new ego made me fearless and adventurous during my journey in UKM. Confidence was always there when I do my presentation. I was always busy speaking my mind. I yearned for respect and I got it. Being the good if not great writer and speaker I am now (HaHa, paiseh la), did I ever act bitchy flinging my superb vocabulary and catches everyone mistakes that I heard or saw? Na, that was cruel. But that was exactly how I was humiliated and I steadfastly grew into who I am now! 


It was pure hard work and determination that got me this far. In fact, I could still be better. I stutter when I speak to better speaker and I still make silly mistakes as I did not learn from basic. And dammit, my spelling is as bad as ever. I keep blaming them as typo which most of the times is typo. But who am I lying really? 


Still, having the ability to tell one’s mistake makes me furious at bad English command students are preoccupied with. How did you survive your schooling life? How are you going to be ready to face the real world out there? Having no initiative to improve has just proved how ignorance you are. The demand of the market is increasing every single day and if you’re yet to be motivated and get your ass moved for betterment, you’re screwed!

I did and I’m already one mile ahead. Change your gear and start racing ok?

 If this is true, why are there still so many unhappy people?


Good ego is always a healthy positive energy. Too much humility makes you fake. When you have what’s right and it's not wrong in any sense, also is beneficial to others; then fling it. 

If you don’t, be inspired and continue to achieve. A balance between ego and humbleness is the key to soar high.

If you’re too ignorance to be bothered with changes and is too proud to be flexible, you might end up swallowing your own pride. If you’re too humble and keep everything under wrap expecting others to discover your super brilliant mind set; Sorry, you will definitely be the one to bite the dust. 


Everybody is selfish. No one will blow someone's trumpet. Saliva stain u noe....ewww. 
LOL. Cold jokes XP

Bottom line is, Ego is still good. I can't live a life feeling like a loser all the time. 

And I'm not!



No comments:

Post a Comment