Tuesday 30 August 2011

Talk and Be Heard


Communication is vital. Being able to talk and express one’s feeling is a blessing. Being good in speaking and singing are extra talents you posses that work as your advantage. 

How often do you feel thankful for when you open your mouth, your vocal cord do not disappoint? 
How often do you feel proud for what you have voiced out does knock some sense into someone’s head? 

If you’ve answered me ‘sometimes’, I would be so disappointed. Of all your life, you have only talked some great things and the rest of the times, craps? Well, I don’t blame you because I behave the same. Our community works this way and we aren’t brought up with good communication skill and its values. Seeing someone who is dumb and vocally handicapped is not the most pitiful sight for I have witnessed the most heart wrenching ones. 


 How often do you feel comfortable in public speaking? 


Case one:     A son who does not talk to his mother for the past three years because both are being stubborn and their unwillingness to take the first move. Due to past arguments, one is being vengeful and another one couldn’t let go of her parenting ego. At the end of the day, they both suffered. With zero communication, both were acting like strangers at home, guessing each other movement so they don’t have to bump face to face to avoid awkwardness. This is pure stupidity I must say. 


Case two:      A beautiful friendship of two soul mates was broken. What would you do when your best friend made a mistake and she has no idea that it was a mistake in the first place? So you feel hurt and you do not understand why she would ever do something like that on your birthday. Wouldn’t you think that the right thing to do is to open up your heart, tell her how much she disappoints you in her face and let her apologies shamefully?

No! This hurtful Miss A did not choose to talk. She did not want to forgive so easily. She did a revenge on her clueless friend, Miss B’s birthday to make her feel the same way she felt seven months ago. Does this whole drama even make sense to you, readers? I guess all Miss B could do is to realize that Miss A is no angel after all. Do you spell soul mate that way? Miss B paid the price of being clueless while Miss A had lost a permanent soul mate for good. Was it worthy? You tell me!


Case three:     3 best friends turned cold strangers because of different perception they hold towards certain things. Shallow understanding and too much expectation from each other without a good foundation in the friendships nearly spoil the bonding they have built over the years. A few months stint of internship became a hard lesson to all of them. All this wouldn’t happen if they communicate and convey their feeling rather than keep expecting each other to know what it is in their head. Being cold and angry without letting the other party know is a waste of time and to no avail. Hello? Like they read minds?

 

From the cases above, it was clear that all these matters and misunderstanding could be prevented if only they choose to talk instead of being ignorance.

If talking is crucial, listening is gold. It works both ways. I have always try and am learning to be perfect. But knowing not everyone is yearning to be the same as I do, I must learn to be neutral- to be accepting, forgiving and understanding. 

So, do not let your flaws and negativity affect and hurt the people around you. Try to be initiative, learn to express your emotion and be heard. There are always some good listeners who are willing to hear you out =)

 Yell if u must

I'm dealing with my communication skill as well. I'm trying hard not to be afraid to talk via phone. Wat a disease eh? I'm trying to speak slowly n pronounce better. Some even said that I sound cute and could possibly do back ground voices for cartoon... I was like WTF? LOL... Deeper and somber voice sounds more professional. Gotta practice how to use proper voice projection lor~ 



2 comments:

  1. Oh if more people would communicate! I was just thinking about this last night, because I have a friend who suddenly didn't speak to me anymore, and I don't have a clue as to why. I've wracked my brain trying to figure out what I did, and last night I decided it wasn't me...he was just looking for a reason to distance himself, and found one, and wouldn't let me redeem myself. Or he just doesn't have forgiveness in him. I suppose, either way, I'll never know...but it hurt to lose who I thought was my friend. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh... What a sad thing it was... You know, if he cares for the friendship, he would never act in such way in the first place. Unless you still think the friendship worthy to be salvaged,you should just moved on. I'm actually Miss B in case no.2. LOL.

    Nice to heard from you =)

    ReplyDelete