Tuesday 23 August 2011

Penangfied =)

How should I start with? Even blogging about it makes me feel excited once more. 

It was a short trip lasting only 3 days, 2 night ~ I wish I could stay longer though... I could probably do some lone exploration... Oh well, next time maybe cuz I'll be back!



Day 1

The day started quite bad as heavy downpour strike and massive jam occurred in Seremban. The bus which was supposed to take off at 12.30pm got stuck on the road for almost an hour. Another big jam somewhere in Ipoh. I arrived at Sg. Nibong at 8pm which was 2 hours late. Sigh! Luckily, Pumpkin was with me. Or else I might really lose my mind in that 8 hours ride =(


Jin Yang fetched us from the bus station. This hiao fwen of mine has just came back from Taipei the day before but he was willing to drive us around. He brought us to dinner where Jing Fang, Laymei n her boyfie joined us. There was where I had the best duck meal ever. It was a herb soup based Kuew Teow Th'ng with duck internals. Correct me if I'm wrong... It was so good! After tasting the must try ais kacang, we went to 1st Avenue to check out the movies. 




Not much to do at night ba... Watched Fuk Luk Sau and had a crazy laugh over the stupid movie! Oh, I think I play golf better than snooker~  XD. I was thinking that I have some talents in sport and I'm good with balls... LOL..until I scored 3 white balls continuously. 

Back to hotel at 2 am in the morning. After some warm bath, 3 sampat gals have pillow talks again... It lasted til 4am.

Animal gang lack of another gal


Day 2

JinYang was supposed to take us for breakfast at 10am. But I guess we wanna try getting lost in the city. So we left the hotel at 9am to hav a look at the Penang street for good ourselves. Had a light breakfast and we went to seek for a cheaper hotel since FangFang will left us tonight. 



JinYang arrived and pick us all to go to the market and tried a nice porridge stall and the critically acclaimed Cendol. Frederick finally showed his face... XD. A king should never let his princess down~

 Sei Hiao Gung!


At noon, we had asam laksa for lunch and had a nice walk at the Campbell Street. 

I never like asam in Laksa but it was quite nice~ So ranked the Asam Laksa on the
World List Best Delicious Food no. 7 = One thing I am most proud of as a Malaysian. Good job Penang!

Met my fav Bear at Perangin Mall for a good 30 minutes while finding the perfect gift to dear Laymei. 38 bear had no choice but to keep this manja annoying gal dissatisfy XD. I'm happy to see you after a long 8 months dear. Glad to see you looking good although still stick thin.


2nd Half of the day was the best of all XD
We, being still lost with plan, finally agreed to go to Batu Feringhi by Rapid~ dangerous ride. There were so many corners and the roads were freakingly narrow. Perfect weather to explore the beach. It was beautiful and clean with only one thing.

I saw alot of this at one area...Sigh!


Although I can't swim, I love playing water and collecting shells. I experienced the best thing ever in Penang~Parasailing. GodDammit!!! 

It was Awesome!!! 
 We were in awe watching people played and I knew each of us having the same desire. After the N-th time pursuing by the N-th beach men, we gave in with Rm 50 per person. Whoah... I kept asking if it was safe and if I would be kept safe away form the sea. He assured me. Fang fang actually told Pumpkin to remind the doc that she is willing to donate organs if anything happens to her.
Haha, it that wasn't bad enough to scare the hell out of me... what else can?




We ran a lil distance and the next thing I knew, I was on air. Floating on air to be precise. Fang was infornt, I was at the back~ Well, I was taller! I gasped and I was like, this is life! Really, I mean challenging and taste the outcome. It was amazing! I did not know how long I was on air but it seems forever until I was asked to pull the side rope leading us down to the shore after a full circle of the air ride. Try this! But of course, deal for a better price! 


Pls love JC

Had you walk to a great place, on top above the rest but you have to walk alone, solely alone, would you still wanna go the distance to reach for the destination?


My hair gave up on me > <
Climbing boulders bruised both of my knees but we weren't girly enough to stop ourselves from risking it. Love the view so much!

Well, Im still very much a biologist in heart~






We reached Gurney Hawker center for dinner. Penang is really a food heaven. So much of chinese food out there at all corners. Back to the new Hotel at 10pm and cleaned all the fishy scents away. All that's left were me and Pumpkin. We went for another round of supper and planed for our last day in Penang. I gave myself a chance to gain 5 KGs in 3 days... extreme food loading you see. But I don't think I managed it cuz I walked too much XD.


Day 3

Heavy hearted. Destination: Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si. The ride was a new thing to me and I enjoyed the view. But there wasn't much up on the hill to be explored. Got down after an hour. Bumped to a giant millipede and a funny looking plant. 


Was very hungry and I started to say things wrongly. I mentioned Bukit Bintang when I was naming the sign 'Bukit Bendera'. LOL



I took brunch at around 11am and got ourselves stranded in the rain. Tasted a nice prawn mee while waiting the rain to shift away. The walk up to the grand temple cost me all the calories I took earlier. It was huge Huge I mean really HUGE


I walked up to the Pagoda and had a nice overview to the gigantic sacred place. I don't like seeing all those construction taking place there. It makes the temple look disturbed and I don't feel at ease. 

After much hush n rush in the middle, we finally reached the Jetty and boarded the ferry to Butterworth. I was sad to leave the island but at the same time looking forward to meet my roomate, Joanne Tan and Hooiling at mainland. The ferry ride was cool and breezy.

 Bye Island
 Halo Butterworth

Of all thing I could do in the ride, I felt like breaking into a song. LOL. I guess I was really happy! Met my best buddies there and we ate tomyam mee for dinner. Quite spicy compared to asam laksa no thanks to ulcers. They then brought us to Tao Boo Kong temple




This one probably lacking in historical years but instead able to make me feel peaceful. It was breathtaking and probably the cold weather helps too. Went back to Roomie's home and had a bath before boarding the train. I had great fun chatting with both of them. Before departing, we bid goodbye and farewell to Laymei too as she will soon leave Malaysia to pursue Master in Germany under scholarship. Xiao Bee will wait for you to come back and we shall ride the banana boat in bikini at Batu Feringhi yea XD. 
More photos @ FB


I had a fabulous joy ride... I'm finally ready for vacation and I'm truthfully grateful I've chosen Penang as my 1st location. 

To know what's good in the world, you must explore what you have in your own home.

I'm looking forward to more beaches. =)

Thanks Northern Fwens =)


2 comments:

  1. love beaches huh~ Terengganu is yur place =) oh btw if I were to walk to higher destination I wouldn't hesitate to do so even if it means do it all alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely look into it next time~~~ U're independent that's y~ =) Remember i once said that I'm becoming too feminine lately? This is the side of me that i dun like.. too manja, too depending. Try parasailing... seriously. I thk u would love it!

    ReplyDelete