Sunday 12 June 2011

My First Baby Step

I have been looking forward to that day since the 1st time Alvin told me that we could collaborate as partner singing in cafe after the final semester. So we meet up, we practice from time to time just to get the right chemistry between us. Finally we agreed to meet up with the manager of the Tarot Rider Cafe for an audition.


I was very reluctant as I was still recovering from a fever. Well, nowadays fever comes with a package~ flu n cough. My vocal was badly effected. Sigh. I was being crazily uneasy the whole Saturday morning. Then Alvin called to deliver another shocking news. We were asked to perform on that night if we pass the audition. God Damn It!!! I was not sure if I can sing the whole night with this condition!!!



My team mates Alvin and Chloe kept me assured that I was alright and they will back me up. They did =) That gal was fantastic! She sang the same song that demands high quality in vocal for 3 times in a day and she sang it effortlessly. Pure good vocal. I'm seriously envy~ Well, we both have different type of vocal genre. We compliments each other quite well as we both have the same range, hers perhaps higher =)



It was our first combination on that very night with none having the experience in cafe singing yet. It was rough, raw and slightly off harmony as we were sorta tumbled here and there a little bit. But all in all we managed to pull thru. We really need to learn how to talk and sing to a crowd that are not very responsive. I'm not used to sing to a crowd that do not applause my effort. XD. I guess I'm pretty much pampered by my friends


I suppose If I could make head turns and make em stop chatting for a moment just to listen to me, that would be a silence applause I deserve =) 


I'm glad to have my few dearest there to support me that night.
EE Wen, OPM, YoKeShan, Christine... It means a lot to me. Your presence ease my nervousness for real. You guys miss out my best song though... Stand by Me XD. 

Anyway, I will be having my gig Every Saturday night from 9pm to 12 am at 

***Tarot Rider Cafe*** located at Seremban 2

 I hope to see you there

" I must take the baby step till I'm full grown, full grown"

So sing Fergie in Big girls Dun Cry

Allow me to walk my baby steps. It's a long and winding road & I dun wish to walk alone.




3 comments: