Saturday 22 January 2011

My 1st PAP Dinner

 I’m glad I made it this year. It was my last semester here in UKM and it feels just right to experience all the things I have left out earlier. I was a late entry. When I felt that I should be present for the dinner, everyone has already found their own team for the table. Luckily 3 of my gals were in the same society and there was a seat left which just fit me right.



 I arrived late since all of them said there was no point going in early. I did some makeup to enhance my eyes, well, my best assets if I must say. I straighten my hair with my roomie’s helps. It was so good it boosted my confidence on that night. Put on a new outfit I bought the other day and WA~La… I felt beautiful. You know, I don’t really do all these at all time, so whenever I wanted to transform, I’ll make sure it turns out great. I almost wanted to wear my gaun but well, you can’t really look graceful when you’re gonna turn up to this dinner by a bus. I walked in at almost at 8.30pm and the hall was already packed. 


There were around 6-7 dishes presented along with few performances. First and foremost was a musical treat from the NOISE production. Well, cats and neon and contemp. It was a perfect attention catcher form the beginning. Pesta Tanglung dancers can totally do something similar… Awh, damn. It made me miss PT dancing already. The funniest thing was when my gal suddenly told me to look at the person wearing the fake toy head imitating a girl. She was like, Eh, I think he didn’t shave the arm pit hairs…. LOL. Fang o Fang… You focus on the wrong place



Another great performance was from the master of sand drawing. Hell yea, he was great. I was drawn in from the start as I saw it before in FB and on TV. This was live show…  One that deserved mention was the Chi-Ling routine. At first I was like oh, boys n gals, with traditional Chinese toy. When they begin to speed up, I froze my backbone straight as everything turns out great effortlessly. Hardly a mistake and the night mode chi-ling was spectacular. Since my seat was quite near the stage, I can see the players slightly in dim light. But once I faced the big screen, I saw totally the effect they were showing us. It was like disco balls dancing on airs. 

Whoah! 



I love watching Anuar dance so graceful in traditional Malay dance, representing Artist Sukma. Awh… I wanna learn~ Hip Hop performance by D8 seconds was lame. Gosh, it was almost shameful to mention. Other than the main man in the group, the rest were just…Especially the gals, well, they have moves, they don’t have techniques. Geli!

I’m happie seeing many friends out there. My ex-PT hubby came to the dinner. He looked so matured and was just in perfect figure. Still a soft-spoken guy friend of mine. Lovely =)



But sadly the one I wanted so much to meet; I didn’t exactly have a chance to see him face to face. Ha, whatever la. We were a moment so near, yet so far… sigh, boundary~

Lastly, it’s a worthy dinner. Well, it could be even nicer if my whole course mates were there… Maybe after we graduate….and we make it a reunion…oh well, till then~



1 comment:

  1. :P we're gonna hv a dinner lo this tues~!

    ReplyDelete