Saturday 29 January 2011

Ha...Tell me Im gud-LOL

The last practice of my song before it resumes after CNY was a blast. When I sing with great sense of possessing the song and totally feel it, the outcome would be a great one. I was told my vocal got stronger. Another said that I have got feel/groove.   

Who don’t love compliment ite? Especially if it’s true and a sincere one. In NT, we don’t simply throw praise to someone just to make someone happy. We all care for the NTLP success and we want all the best for the concert. Nobody will give foolish remarks over something unworthy. We all seek for perfection and want only the flawless outcome. 

So, compliment is hardly yearn unless something noteworthy surfaces. 

Praises for me is like an injection of confidence. It’s like a boost of ego. I used to get something like ‘Joanne got a good voice’ and ‘you sing well’ a lot. But it never really satisfies me. Cuz somehow I doubted it. I will often think if they are simply being nice or I am really that good to begin with? So, it never goes into my head. I never really brag about it. I guess I learn it from my mom who always keeps me grounded. I have not been able to prove and there is yet a solid proof I can show the world, I am good. 

So, I’m really thirsty for accomplishment!!! 

Well. I’m not sorry for that. > <  I can’t help wanting to be better~

Alright…I do get something though from time to time. 

My besties think that I’m gonna be a star. Ha…how I wish…they never fail me. They support me from the beginning and they become my core supporters. A new friend at Spanish class told me that he remembered my performance at NTLP 13. He thought it was very good. Like usual, I will question his sincerity as in, seriously? Eventually, I gave in. I loved to believe him. 

My Indonesian friends AKA incredible musicians/composer likes my voice. That is huge! I mean they are so talented, and I’m like so small…. I love the songs they made and they feel that the combination of my voice and their song are brilliant. Just currently, they formed a band called Canvas, and they want me in. Hell yea… as long as I can compromise on the time and date. The band is a combination of Indonesian and Malaysian. They will plan performances and possibly begin with all Kolejes Dinner at Dectar. If only it can be materialized, it will be terrific! Finger crossed. 

Meanwhile, I will focus in NTLP. I love my song though it was somehow desperate, as much as last year song. I love my band mates. 

Ed= drummer, Christine= composer/ guitarist… Funny how she plays guitar instead as she is the god of all pianists; Kiwi= arranger / pianist, MingYuen= Bassist, Siewin, PuiYan, Sam= Background Vocalist…. All of em are my accapella members. We are gonna have a fabulous time together!

There might be many who acknowledge my talents, yet my mom haven’t really get it into her head that her daughter is a capable singer. She doesn’t doubt my singing, she just think I’m not there yet. Which is not wrong but it sucks! Lol…

A reason which drives me to yearn, to achieve and to excel more…. desperate sungguh JC

No comments:

Post a Comment