Sunday 1 August 2010

NewTune-Music Revolution


On the 28th morning, I went for the last practice, for the song Stand by Me. This time finally as a complete group of 8 peoples. The acapella team consist of me as main vocalist, Soo Yung and Kim Leng as tenor, Wendy as soprano, Siew Win as Alto, Sam as bass and ‘last but never be forgotten’ Edmund as drummer. We try a few full runs and dismissed after 45minutes of practices. 

After successfully transferred all the instruments to the hall, I went back to my college for a quick bath. Time did not allow me to examine what kinda look I could manage. While I was rushing down, I saw monkey on the lower stairway. Shit! My watch showed 5.15pm, their dinner time! 
Bloody mammals!  
It was dominating the front staircase, so I ran towards the back one. As I approached the staircase, there was another furry creature. It snared and rushed forward as though to give a chase. For the first time I yelled and ran to save my dear life from a mammals I once thought cute. Damn you UKM monkeys! U tarnished your kind’s image! Shame on you! 

Once I reached the hall again, safely by Soo Yung’s car, Hooi Ling sat me down and started to do her thing with her makeup equipments. In a minute, I was given another look which I did like although I was reluctant to do so. Removing makeup is a torture!
 to
 nothing much diff huh
We were short of time to do a brief running on stage but luckily, both my songs managed to sneak in. The echo was so bad and too loud that it was impossible to listen to the music clearly. I shivered, not sure if it was the coldness in DAM or that I was freaking out. And I realised every time I sang How Deep Is Your Love, I somehow forget a few words or some lines. This made me felt unsecure.
After the first song ‘Be With ME’, the original song of NT, Unchained Melody came next. The microphone my junior was holding did not give a sound. Damn! I felt like passing out! Stand By Me was next! My first thought was, hey audiences quite a lot huh? Gulp! I was shaken but I wasn’t afraid, to tell the truth. So what was the problem really?
Ed is always being blocked...drummer ma~

 I was over worried about every things else that could be potential song spoiler that I forgotten the most important thing I lacked of was my confident. I could be easily shattered by external factors that I didn’t realised I am the song killer! Luckily as the song progressed after a stable voice projection, the rest went on smoothly. I did okay and manage to stay composed for some showmanship.
Then, after a short sketch by the MCs, How Deep Is Your Love was called upon. 

This performance was a slight let down as I sounded pitchy, I think. I could hear only my voice’s echo but I finally found myself comfortable interacting with my duet partner. During the song interlude, I dragged his elbow to the frontal part of the stage so I could hear clearer to the projector. 
As my hand slide down, he grabbed my hand and I was shocked! I meant I did not expect that and I was not intended to! I guess he thought I was into that idea. I remembered that it lasted only a few seconds as the song came back to live. I needed my right hand to hold the microphone. Sigh! I hope he would not be offended by my immediate respond to fling his hand...Erm, it wasn’t the right word, slide off his hand should be appropriate. 

I am very thankful to him as I am a hard duet partner to deal with. I found you amusingly cute whenever we had our eyes met. Be confident dude, you’ve got charm! 
 SooYung 1st official interview...ada broadcast ma??
My roomie told me that the song sorta sped up after the first chorus.... Damn! I was supposed to follow the percussion but I was completely deft to the sound and most of the time I listened to the keyboard. That night, I totally ignored both or I wondered if I ever heard any. My band was practically chasing my tempo. My senior said luckily that I was consistent with my tempo and my band was too in theirs. Sorry guys~ some other singers suffered the same fate too. 
 dancing was great
After the function, 20 over people went to terrorize the mamak stall we love so much, Al-Fariz. A hot spot all UKM people will go hang out in the middle of the night! 

We were just too happy to be free from commitments, again.
Well, I felt great when there are compliments from others. Whenever there is praise, the first word I utter from my mouth is SERIOUSLY? It is like I am not convinced with their remarks or that I simply do not believe in myself. My low confidence is my biggest enemy. 

 Anyway,
I love you guys....Thanks for everyone who never grow tired of New Tune. We are grateful! And to my supporters, you guys are my strength enhancers. Jc loves you...
 spotted....yellow, green, dark green....and a red!

No comments:

Post a Comment