Wednesday 7 March 2012

Contradiction

I realize how I'll never get the chance to one day say, "This has been my lifelong dream that finally came true", or that "I've been doing and wanting this since I was 5."

I didn't. I only knew what I truly wanted, when I was 19. My folks suggested I go to music college when I was 18, because I was never an academic. No one outside family knew I even played some piano. I started singing when I was 19. But just because this was not my dream since childhood doesn't mean I want it any less than the rest. Don't you think I ought to know what I want better at 19 than at 5? Gimme a break.
 The above statement was written by a girl called Samantha... A girl who sings at KLPAC for the Disney Night concert. She wasn't very outstanding compared to many more brilliant performers that very night but she sang a song that made me cry. Well, that song always made me cry when I'm emo. & at the moment, my ex crush was sitting next to me, still crazily playing with me when I knew well he has fallen for a girl. Haiz... so, whichever the reason, I got to know her thru FB.
I don't doubt her love for singing, in fact, i agreed that you definitely know what you want at the age of 19 than 5 which at 5 years old, I was already loving singing and dancing. 
Will I taste the glory twice the sweetness if I ever achieve my dream? Or will she who is more determined to have that dream last longer?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment