Friday 25 March 2011

I sent this to Oprah!!! =)

 OK, I'm not that daring. I saw a post from her page asking all singer wannabe who loves singing and wanted to make it big to write to her. 

So, I was like... why not?! She is a lady I have much respect on and she wanted us to share story with her. Y not~~~here goes

***
I started off as a shy girl who loves singing. Slowly, i gained some courage to finally go public about my passion through singing competitions and performances. Somehow, nervousness always get in my way and it was not just shown physically (I was badly shivering) but also affected my singing. I attempted failure after failure and I began to lose my confidence. I started to question myself if I should continue to proceed and if I can still bear more humiliation in public. It sucks when you know that you are capable, but yet manage to prove it.
 
I guess being a Leo gal makes me a fighter in nature. I strongly believe I have the voice and so I deal with my weakness patiently. I have a lot of friends to thank for as they never give up on me. Their supports and compliments built my fragile self-esteem back. I am now a singer in my University's music club called NewTune. From there I shine as a singer. I have great demand on stage and my showmanship is one of the best in my team. I had a fantastic journey with them organizing the concert NewTune Live Performance XIV which was on the 10th of March 2011. It was my best performance thus far. 
 
I learn more as I progress in this route. I have sharper ears and I catch mistakes pretty good. That's also why I am never satisfy with my own singing. I am driven to improve myself better as a vocalist as well as a performer. I yearn for acknowledgment and so I dare to dream a dream. In fact, I which I could materialize it one day. Being confident is the key for every opportunity. So, I am proud of myself for being stubborn enough not to let go of this dream. 
 
I'm no longer ashamed to admit to all that I love singing and I am good! =)
***

No comments:

Post a Comment