Sunday 20 February 2011

Oldtune & NewTune/ 988-on air =)

A wondeful night...An inspiring rehearsal....18/2/2011

Thanks so much seniors! You do not know how much it means to all of us to have critics and guidance. I was really nervous... mainly was because I knew I was not in my top form. My throat ached so badly and coughing so much. Many seniors were there... many seniors de seniors were there too... Some familiar faces quickly cast the missing spell... I really wanna do my best and be judged. This is the perfect way to improve. I wanna impress them and show them the improvement I have. I did! =)


I was really trying very hard not to appear shivering as my fingers begin to shake. But as the music started, feeling came. It's always not hard for me to dwell into a song. A sudden blank made me forgot some words, but I managed it in a snap. Vocal was not perfect, slightly weaker than the first rehearsal. I wasn't exactly proud of  my performance though. 

Judgment time! According to senior, my showmanship was great. He said I was enjoying myself and it was very important to feel the song. Still, vocally there are places to fix. He said there were still some throat voices and sorta lack of breath in parts. More practice to enhance those parts, my performance will be better. They like my attitude, the way I carry my song. =) Hiao ma~


I couldn't really digest that much guidance in one moment that I appeared puzzled... I supposed that was a disbelieve look in my face XD I guess I didn't know I should be proud of my own strength~

20/2/2011... A date with 988


After a tiring field trip at Pahang ( refer to a later post ok XD), I was slightly fever and throat ache worsened. I slept very early knowing I have practice the next morning. There were changes in my song, as there was suggestions to scrap the draggy pausing leading to the slow bridge. Seniors gave some ideas, and the song was run a few time.


I really miss XiaoYu, Blackman and Ah Fai... With JieRu and Yichuan here, I felt like I was second year again... I miss those time, watching them arranging, fixing, arguing, laughing, crying all together in the bandroom.... If only Tracy was here.... then, it would be complete... I always love when Fish plays the piano and Blackman plays the guitar... I love how their fingers work the instruments... very inspiring. Especially when Mr. Smooth dark hair jam the guitar with 'xian da' expression.


While we were busy practicing the songs we need to sing at 988 radio station, we waved them goodbye. I appreciate their effort for traveling all the way to us. I am grateful. I sang 'Rain in the Summer', one of the songs in NTLP12. I auditioned that song in my first year, but didn't get it. Now, having the chance to sing it again was like a sweet revenge XD


Nervous, not quite. My main concern was still the voice. Me and 6 other NewTuners including musicians headed there with much anticipation. I tried my best with the restrained voice and prayed that it worked. With solely vocal heard in radio, I can't tipu makan with my showmanship. I wasn't satisfy with myself, but I'm happy my friend did well. We promoted NewTune Live Performance 14 and hopefully people out there heard us. Most importantly, people in UKM who loves music heard us. 


It's a shame if outsiders appreciate us more than our own university people. We have good voices, we have talented musicians, most importantly, we have passions and hearts. Recording in radio studio a totally a new fresh and obviously fun experience. How often you get a chance to talk on air, let alone sing on air. Well, I did both!!!

I received a sweet compliment from my mom. She too said it sounded nice, and there was some part she like despite knowing the flaws. In fact, her words comforted me. It hope I didn't kill that beautiful song. She always know I love singing and she never doubted I can sing. She just don't think I'm ready. She is a good listener when it comes to music if you must know. I always wanna impress her as in, I wish she could proudly say, my daughter sings well.

=) I think I made her proud for the first time. Or maybe she always has, I just didn't know~

=') 
It seems small, intangible to shout about, tiny lil experience but it's a huge step to build a fragile girl's ego...
I had NewTune committee to thanks to... thanks for giving me this opportunity!!

2 comments:

  1. You made me tear pee at office when I saw my name there (although spelling wrong, again lol) Even went toilet being emo for a while. Really touched that still got people thought of me, cuz I really really X1000 do miss you all!! wuwu...
    You had gain so much confidence compared to the very beginning of you. Can't wait to see you perform in real in live! Love you always, love NT always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.... The group is not complete without you.... Tracie.... will stuck in my head.... no more wrongly spell... tsui man

    ReplyDelete