Tuesday 1 February 2011

30th of January 2011 Part2 (Congrats Jess Lee)

Another thing that makes me most proud is Lee Kah Wei or famously know as JiaWei in Taiwan. She won the reality singing contest One Million Star!

This Seremban gal blossomed into a super star and her singing capability is finally acknowledged internationally. In UKM, she is already a singer and she is the greatest asset we have in NewTune. In NTLP, she was always given rock powerful songs and she effortlessly nailed them greatly. Watching her sing every week in One Million Star was inspiring. 

 NTLP 12

My first impression on her was during NT intro concert 08, where she performed What’s Up by 4 Non Blonds. I was like, hey I knew her. She was the girl in Astro Talent Quest. She didn’t win though but I remember her. In the same semester, I bumped to her in the toilet while I was checking for my make up in my first PT 29 performance as dancer. She was the formal MC of the night. to tell the truth, I was slightly star struck. We had our first conversation. The rest was history.

 NTLP 13

I was a junior in NewTune and she was my senior, the jaw-dropping singing diva in our team. I remember during my rehearsal for NTLP13, her first comment to my singing was that it was a confident performance and given me some advises to improved as well. I have a lot of respect to her. What I am most proud of is not that she is now famous and glorious. What I am most happy is that she found her platform, she is acknowledged and she reached her dream…Dreams come true. Something I wish too but yet to achieve. She has always been truthful about her passions and work hard for her desires and it’s only fair that she gets what she wants- to be heard. Jia wei, Gayau ya… 


We are waiting for your record. It would definitely be a blast! 

Now NT reunion dinner has another reason to celebrate =)

Well, wells are all spoken. Time for some amateur judgements from me. You noe la, NT people suka judge de. LOL. Can I? ....

I think the best performance of hers was during her semi-final first song. The song Yong Gan by Ah Mei was flawlessly perfect in every single point of view. Today, the first song from her was powerful. But through the ending, it was slightly too pushy. A bit too much. It could be a little softer, and then it would be perfect. The second song was Listen by Beyonce. Wow. This song is too hard to sing. When I heard about her song choice, I was worried. I don’t doubt her range. What I concerned was the soul singing the blacks always nailed. Beyonce sang it with her full range. Charice has tackled it in Glee and it was perfect too. Another Mas girl, Foo Chiu Ying in another Taiwan Reality Show called Superstar (if not mistaken) did her version on her final night but she screwed up a little as she wasn’t feeling well that day. She was granted a second place merely just 0.0something in total marks difference, consequently pushed another MAs guy to win the competition in the end. JiaWei hit every note perfectly; she delivered the power and the intensity of the song so marvellously and I just love how you change the arrangement of the song by the end of the song. Still, I think the song was not smooth enough. I don’t know how to really tell but you guys could refer to Charice version in Glee season2, episode 1. I’m not comparing both singers, but I’m just aiming at some quality that can further improve JiaWei’s capabilities. Ha, these are simply my sincere comments through my listening skill. 

I paiseh la.... XD hmm, I feel so wrong....haha

But beyond doubt, she is the best singer in person I know so far. Oh, I’m glad Sun Siau Liang got number 2. He is also my fav in the show. If only the 3rd would be the Korean team, nicknamed Neighbour’s princes. 

Congratz Jess~ You're inspiring~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment