Monday 24 September 2012

Island Escapade Part 1


Langkawi

It was my sweet 1st flight to a new beach @ Pulau Langkawi on the lovely 15th September 2012.

3 of us took a late flight to Langkawi. Reached at 9pm & we managed to rent a car on the price of RM220 for 2 & a half day. Viva Perodua Automatic. LOL. We had difficulty finding our budget inn as it was slightly secluded with no proper sign board leading us in. 
Half way on the entry to Cenang, we were blocked by a group of police men. They said there was a rally inside & the road was used for some street act. I was like I stay there & i need to check in. They let us in but with a warning. Kuda tendang at your own risk. Wat? Are you kidding me? Well there were some horses but deng!... The rempits were the one needed to be aware of. Cuz they were simply down right brainless. Sweet Inn hotel. The room was fine, the environment was okay. So we didn't make a huge fuss about it. We took a stroll on the Cenang street where it was still alive & active along the shops & restaurants.  

After taking our supper, each of us took turn to bath which of course I often volunteered to go last as I shower the longest. :P We planned our activities for the coming 2 days & was more than ready to pick our fwen who joined us only at 16th on wards. 

I actually find it hard to believe I was actually in an island with my babes, away from all stress & annoying people. 

Day 1.

We woke up @8am expecting a beautiful day at beach. Mana tau the rain fall so hardly on the island it only stopped at 9am. Sigh. We then hit the road to Pantai Cenang. However, we end up at Pantai Tengah 1st. The sand was pretty rough & the waves were quite strong. Me and my girls we challenging the wave as it kept sweeping out slippers away.


After an hour, we left to seek for Pantai Cenang. More people & many activities were on going. Fine sand but much dirtier. Wherever the man kind inhabits, wherever the shits are. Slightly murky sea water. We initially wanna ride a banana boat but not enough passengers. We received a better offer - Jet skiing... Wow. That's like new....I mean I never plan to play that. I was actually looking forward to my 2nd parashooting. 
RM150, 3 person for 30 minutes. Dammit. Thankfully for my driving experience for a year long, that machine was pretty well controlled. It was so cool!!! No photos were taken though. None of us are willing to stay dry hence, camera was not a wise choice to bring along. The car key was there, safely guarded by the taukeh. Well, car is not a subject to be stolen in an island as the thief will have no way to run. LOL
 When we were about to leave, we were offered a cheaper price for a Banana boat ride. Being gal has its advantage, no doubt. 

The banana boat was a crazy ride. When we were about to start, the rain shed. A Nigerian student wanted to join in. After much negotiation, we let him joined in. He was trying so hard to show off his no-hand-mama stunt on the ride which was really stupid. I was hoping he fall into sea so I could LMAO hard. The rain shed heavier & with the speed of the boat, the rain water hit us so sharply they were very painful to endure. Towards the end of the ride, the rain gets a little nastier & calmed only when we were about to finished. We said we don't wanna fall from the boat but the last wave before we could come down failed us. Wet all over. 

What a ride!!! Although we were reluctant to leave, we have no choice but to get our butt speedily back to hotel. Cherly will arrived at 2pm. The sands filled our pocket & I wonder how many gulp of beach water I have swallow. Yerrr............

Dressed up, we were ready to welcome our fwen @ airport & the rest of the activities planned. 
We stop somewhere along the way to Cable car ride for lunch. It was the luxury yacht terminal & we had our nice Arabian/Indian meal. Once we reached the park, it was filled with tourists & the line for the cable car ride was ridiculously long. Hence, we gave it up for the day & reschedule the activities. 
We went to Telaga Tujuh instead. The popular waterfall was located high in the mountain, very steep road & stairs but I gotta tell you it was very worthy. The view, the water except for some jerks there were amazing. 
It was so comfortable, I could sit there whole day. In fact, if only I bring along some shirts, I will get wet in the cold chilling water. 



We forgo the wells which were located even higher on the mountain. We decided to go to Kuah Town instead for a seafood dinner & to hunt for chocolates. 
Along the way, we bump to another 2 beaches. Pantai Kok & Black Sand beach. Pantai Kok was the cleanest, & less polluted beach in main Langkawi island. Black Sand beach was rather mysterious to me. Many untarnished strong boulders along the beach makes it a little spooky. It wasn't very black to me but in the middle of the sea, there were a section where it was slightly rocky/murky & dark. I thought it was mud but it appears to be some dead coral reef or rocks I don't know. I wished I could walk towards it, get wet & dirty only to find out the truth. Now that gives me one good reason to go to Langkawi again once I finish traveled all other island in Mas. 

 I miss my babes already :)

Journey to Kuah Town was a long one. It was practically located at far east of Cenang. We had a fabulous dinner & then came to a mall which sells cheapest chocolates. Many places sells duty free choco however not all are at the same price. I'm not crazy about chocolate but I end up buying more than I should. Well, they were so cheap my goodness. I wish they sell cheaper & wider range of coffee beans/powder selection though. Bias la u....

1st Day was a bloody long tiring day with chocolates & 2nd day planning. 


..........To be continue



2 comments:

  1. apuuu.... why no bikini babes?!?!
    *dislike*
    wahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sudah gemuk.... i dun dare... wear in Bali next time.

      Delete