Sunday 28 November 2010

Dun Dream It's Over


There is so much I wanna achieve in my life. I wanna be a singer, a dancer, a fashion designer… things that I am good at. Since I was young, I know I love singing. Other than singing songs that I love, I also do some humming from time to time without knowing I was actually composing songs. Sadly, I never learn an instrument. I’m incapable of writing it down. 

Having exposed to the talented people in New Tune, I am inspired to try my hand on it. It will be difficult and troublesome. I will need to record it down and find someone helpful to play it, and write me a lyric. I could try writing… but I think I am more like an author than a lyricist. This time, I’m determined! I have a humming recorded. Rough! Badly and LUANly arranged. I will need to figure out the arrangement so that I will not drive my musician crazy. I think it would be a good song. Whatdaheck, it’s my first ever, finally, creation!
Thumb up JC.
 As a singer, I need more stage experience and technique class. There are still, many rooms for improvement. Fix my slight nasal problem purlese. Damn allergy… swelling in the nose cavity worsen my problem. I need to work on Mandarin songs. When will I start? Pronunciation with pinyin and song selections… I cannot just proficient in English song if I wanna broaden my horizon. I guess it has something to do with my ego. I cannot lose or be denied when that thing is something I can work on. I am lazy and I will fail to prove it…and this will blow my chance.
Wow… not a chance, again.
Performing is my love. I could do it my whole life! Is it too early for me to say it? Haha… Sue me! The fact that I am experiencing stage performing in university, I tried studio recording, jamming with fellow band mates to fine tune songs… I love those moments so much that I wanted more…. I wanted to go far, I wanna stand on bigger stage, I wanna compete in massive title and win competitions, and I wanna become a recording artist. 
Dreams… too big, too huge… I’m scare… Many boundaries, I’m not a perfect package, I do not have the support and in fact, I’m too sane to struggle fighting into the business without bringing a dime back home. Damn… my biggest concern is my family. Selfishness is not something I could carry with and so, I can only have half the effort to chase my dream. Lack of determination and disappointment, tiredness in trying, I might eventually lose all enthusiasm and the only half effort I have, all together.
Yes, I’m thinking too much too soon again. Now you know why my hairs are naturally dyed white? Half inherited, half due brain nutrient constraint! Hey, who know I could be lucky… Someone I know might introduce me to some famous composer or maybe I meet a guy who happened to be the composer’s son, or I bump to Gary Chaw and we become friends…Haha…. Now this is desperate! Na, I’m too lay back for these…
Such long piece here… If only you truly get me. I’m actually saying how much I truly appreciate all the opportunity I have been given with. I’m counting my success. I’m pretty lucky you see… so far. I performed quite a number of times, huge crowd, recorded 2 songs in studio and which are made into animated videos, 3 but coming, 4 new songs under my name.
Success?? Not much…seriously. I am good, I’m not great! I maybe shallow not quite hollow and trying too hard to boost… haha.

I’m progressing slowly, but steadily. This raw talent of mine needed more salt and pepper ….
I mean seasoning XD

I have this lil much of credibility, this bitsy cool showmanship, many more lil talents aside, I have the biggest heart and willingness to learn, to gain more knowledge and skill and suck em all up! Chances will only goes to people who ready. So, be ready JC, at the same time, you ought to keep yourself grounded. Humble is the key to learn! 

My belief and God never teach me this. I still hate Him!
If You are listening, I really love singing!
Will talk about my dream on other soon, if you are reading that’s =)

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that JC! U can do it! Looking fwd for ur mandarin Songs too. Wanna try my demo? LOL

    Discuss with your sista - Siew Win (fast fast)haha... coz I'm currently working with my partner to submit some entries to a competition N the due date is 13th dec. So "kelam kabut" now. chi-cham neh.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh.... thanks bro. if you dare let me try, i will do my best le. haha... you inform me more about the competition n what i could do to help ba~ XD

    ReplyDelete