Saturday 4 October 2014

Review of Asian Got Talent. Just me ~

So yea, Ive failed the audition. Not surprising though. Just very sayang. Let me tell you why. 

Lol. 

Well, 1st of all, i didnt go with much enthusiasm. Ive never go to an audition without a fixed song choice. Ive set my mind with Saving all my love by late Whitney Houston earlier. However i keep having anxiety over that song choice and was torn between some other song like If i aint got you, Mercy and Ocean Deep. I was thinking how to prioritize cuz they also ask for a preparation of 3 songs just in case they wanna listen further. 

Arrived on time to audition meaning arrived late. When i was there 5 min b4 9am, crowds were already in. Silly of me thinking that i would have an advantage cuz ive registered online. Well, there aint any. The gals, pumpkin, fang and mun were with me all along. The night before we were having a karaoke date together at green box cheras selatan. I was invited to stay overnight at fang's place. 

The crowd quickly filled in at taylor' university block B theatre 21 and 22. Very nicely maintained environment i must say. The line move so slow and i wonder what take the arrangement so long. I was moving very slowly and if my timing was right which i dont doubt, i was standing before the entry measuring 3 meters away for 4 hours. People was getting tired and restless. Some with instruments started jamming with each others and strangers. It was a beautiful sight. The youngs get together jamming song, beat boxing and chatting. Some bring along friends while mainly made new friends. Me too being cold somehow manage to chat along with a few in the same row, front and back row's strangers as well. 

Eventually once we get our registered number, we were sent into a room, i suspect lecture hall to wait for another 2 hours. Then i got to know that there were 5 audition rooms with different judges for different act. A total 6 hours of waiting worn me down. If i know i will have to wait for that long knowing that i wont even have a heart to fight hard, maybe i will hold my horse. 

When it was my turn, i was going in with so much annoyance for holding my pee for sometimes. Hold or risk being call in much later.Those fucked up faces of the judges and their tired and bored faces arghhhh... i noe ive lost even before i sing. 
I fought for 2 songs to be heard. It only lasted almost a minute plus. They urged you to speed to its climax cuz they cant wait you to finish and leave them. Perhaps i should have just sing a chorus of my fav. Perhaps i should fill in all my performance list and award into the registered form before sending in. Then i need to wait for the 10th person to sing before we were led to another waiting area to know our result. 2 guys with guitars and another malay gal from my group got it. Sad n yes, it was over. It was a good journey and im happy that i experienced it. The gals then fetch me to have late lunch/dinner as i only manage to take a few bite of buns and latte from starbuck for breakfast. How cool was it that taylor university hosted a starbuck and oldtown cafe in their enclosure?! 

We went to the famous boat noodle at kuchai lama and i had 6 small bowls and sealed the night with a dessert. My gals never fail me for being the best companions and the best comfort when i fell hard to the ground. My mind was a mess before i see them and knowing that i would need to compete in this kinda make it worst. The moment i saw pumpkin at ktm station i felt relieved. Its like i found an answer to a hard solving question. :) They dont turn away when i needed somebody. I dont mean to compare but if i have to choose, they will be the 1st i will share my reward with.
*
Its kinda weird for me to report stuff after weeks of its actual date but i havent got time for it. I was kinda sick with cough and flu and some work stuff though lately i was kinda free. I started to find courage in leadership in my job and im happy for the fact that i can always escape from being in the hot soup. It must be something that i ve done right.

I tried my hand on marketing and sales, basically walking distributing flyer and marked my territory with another colleague at Mantin. Whoah, i felt my skin thickened by an inch. I dislike what i did but it was necessary. Guess what? Im going to a Ecohill developer to work tomorrow. My beautiful Sunday will be taken. Yes, it was necessary too. 
*
I have done reading The fault in our star. 
I fell in love with yet another fictional character. 
Augustus Waters. A beautifully written love story.
I cant judge John Green yet just by one novel. So i will read another one of his before telling if i like him as a whole. 

I love his cancer loving story. How those effects of dying is more than just wanting to die. What brilliant quotes he has in his pockets. Reading his novel is like going to a valuable ride. But i dont wanna love this way like Hazel and Gus. I might be afraid of dying but im also afraid of losing a loved one. I never want to experience that any more. 

Even finishing that novel makes me sad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment