Friday 10 October 2014

EL day 2

I couldnt sleep whole night basically cuz the room was stupid cold and the aunty who sleep just next to the controller whom is also freezing cold didnt adjust the temperature. 6k vacation trip to Columbia Hospital with bad sleep and worry. It should only happen once and result should be a great one. 
I only managed to doze off in and out. I dont think my mother sleep as well. 2am nurses came in once. 5 am they came in again. Reminding my mom to take medicine, not to eat any food. Then again around 7am they hooked her up with Oxygen tank for her lungs due to her asthma history. Then ask her to change clothes a sexy bare buttock cloth and detach all necessary. Basically she has no time to fear much cuz that transition time for her to prepare from not knowing when to operate to knowing now to operate is so short. There is no time to freak out. However by the time she was asked to lay in another bed to the theatre room we both cried. I can never see her cry. I wasnt suppose to cry until she is knock off but i guess i need to improve on it. Actual time frame is 40min plus. But it might take longer if she is not prepare or too scare resulted a shoot in blood pressure. Arghhhhhh... pls dont take my effort for granted.
*
Ok. She is fine. Out safe but in great pain. Initially it was a lot of shiver and terrible cold. The great pain and discomfort comes afterword made her so restless. The pain was literally killing her.
At 3.3pm, we finally decided to giv her morphine. Then finally she was able to sleep in with the dizziness. But the injection made her vomit several times which doctor and nurses said it was the side effect. Today is a difficult long day for her.

I feel so useless. I cant do anything to stop the pain let alone be comfort to her. I manage to go home and bring blanket back for another cold night. I never like sleeping in hotel with a presence of room mate. So now i can add a new dislike. I dislike unbearable cold resulted by air conditioner. I was so blur with no sleep for 24 hours plus leaving my mother to several people who i couldnt count on make me rush things over and anxious. I forget to bring underwear! I cant be wearing the same for another day. Luckily i found some paper underwear which was suppose to be use by mother provided by the hospital.

Sigh. Im very sad. Im so sad i have to endure this alone. Im sad cuz she suffer so much. Im so sad i was part of the bunch who advise her to execute the operation. Im sad seeing her this way. Im sad im not wearing my own comfy underwear. Fuck!

But she is alive n kicking. Thats all that matters right?  A survivor. I had an urge to cry. I just do not know how to start now?

:'(



No comments:

Post a Comment