Saturday 25 October 2014

Oct 22nd 14 part 2~ The night of The Elusive Chanteuse Concerto.

I reached BTS around 3pm. Met up with Fang and she fetched me to The Mines to eat, walk and shop. Didnt plan to shop but we have plenty of times and so very fortunate i shopped. 

Got some cheap shirts and a pair of discounted hush puppies heels. Everything was packed in Fang's car. I was sent back to BTS and change route two times and reach Maharajarela monorail station to Stadium Merdeka. Once i reached and walk out from the station i was so panic cuz it was raining very heavily. I had my poncho ready but gosh i cant tell you enough how bad my day could be. 

I reached there 7.30pm and i wore my poncho and quickly checked in. No umbrella no water bottle and etc. Stupid management.

Fine! Many got stuck at the corridors cuz they were unwilling to get wet so soon. Nah, i cant wait to begin. When i walked to my seat, the field was wet and muddy. Soaked up to my levis. Arghhh. Then i begin to check on my number. Row 10 no.59. It was at the last few seat at the end of the line. Fuck! There were 2 other siblings behind me. Luckily they were pretty nice for some chat. Very young siblings. 20 and 18 yrs old. The boy face resembles my 1st love. People of all ages were there. Some come with partners while some come with children as young as 5 yrs old. You know who else i saw? Jacklyn Victor. 1m away and i called out to her. She didnt layan me. Im so sure she hear me but she was so babi she didnt layan me. She might wanna be low key but still you cant go around making people looking like a fool. Anyway, the show is about Mariah and Mariah only. So what if Obama is here. 

This one was taken by her team posted online. Yes she is that pretty :) Her 1st costume.

The siblings came as early as 6.30pm just like Milo teacher. The show delayed for 1 hour and 15 minutes. God. My fingers were crinkled and my hair was wet and dripping with rain water. Guess what? My poncho was badly broken. The head and armpit sites were all slit open. That piece of shit was bought in April and has never been use. The one given by the management was so paper thin and cheap like it would be easily damaged just by the slightest touch. My bag zipper was also broken. So my wallet and phone was expose to snatcher and rain. Fuck! 


The show finally start at 9.15pm. 
The crowd, all poncho clad was so pumped up we started screaming like crazy. The news paper quoted a 12k attenders. The scream was so infectious like a continuous wave and it only got stronger with every higher note sang and much anticipated whistling. 

She also changes a few set of dresses and whoah, they were pretty hawt. Not too revealing to suit our Malaysian culture but sweet sweet pee-a-boo at the cleavage. Lol. 

She was energetic, in a fantastic mood and very attentive towards our respond. I know almost every song. But she sing best in Fly like a bird, a song that i wasnt very familiar in. You can almost feel she bare all her soul into it. Every single word was sang so beautifully. As a singer (amateur) myself i can hear that she struggled through some songs and she couldnt reach some lower note or higher one as easily as she could last time. Very very minimal flaws. But she control and cover it smartly of course. 


I went to witness my idol, a hero that inspired me to be a singer, my trainer who can never do wrong in belting ballads. A figure who indirectly teaches me singing techniques where most chinese cant do. And i have a weak dolphin whistling too. I cant recall which song she sing that caught my attention before i made her as my fav. But she is one of the 3 diva i love dearly. 
Mariah 1st, Celion then Whitney. 

Her song help me meditate when i was grieving. I would purposely drive long journey and listen to her songs especially Butterfly so that i could shed tears. I also remember one time when i participate in high school english week singing competition, i daringly sing her song Hero but screw up kinda badly. Now if u ever hear me sing her song in k room, you will know what a fan i am.

When you love someone you see her as a perfect being with flaws. So what that she is now plump, mind you she gave birth to a twins and she embraced motherhood as womanly as possible. So what she cant hit all her song perfectly? So a singer cant be anything less than 10/10 all the time? She is 45 yrs old! You cant expect her to sing her hits like she was 20 yrs old. Com'on lar bro. Be fair okay.
 I like how thestar newspaper comment on the concert. The author say Mariah sings like she has got a point to prove. Even is she is not fit enough in anyway that very night, the only person who can point that out is us, those who went to the concert. So the rest please keep silence. Respect yourself!


I like it when she call us darling. I love it when she communicate with us with passion, alternately and spontaneously addressing kuala lumpur and the rain and us. She would talk melodically with us. Her soft whispering tone was so alluring. And boy, she hit all those whistling effortlessly. 
There were also technical errors when the team fail to set the grand piano so she could sit on it. After the meteor shower, the spark caught fire on the curtain. The camera got a good close up at it and audience was very concern. It was put out within seconds though. 

The last song was We belong together. All Vvip people rushed to the front to celebrate the song and she too got so excited and requested her team to get a good photo of us waving hands to her. The fans being hard core fans will not leave until encore was ensured. She sang Always be my baby. 
Damnmit. I was so close yet my stupid note 3 didnt get a best shot due to shaky hands. When Mariah spot some fans with pretty sign boards, she addressed them. 3 men managed to talked to her and show her their cardboard stating undivided 24 yrs of love towards her work and presented her a fans book. They call themselves lambily. God. I hate them. I am suppose to be the one getting that attention. Now i call myself lambily too. :p

Noting that she might not do 2nd encore, and time was already 11pm, i rushed back to monarail only to see a sardine packed train. That sight was more terrifying than the muddy field. I wasnt very conscious the whole journey back to Bts cuz i still havent manage to get my soul out from the stadium. If i could i wanna be the last person who got out from the stadium so that i could catch a glimpse at her closely. On the way out i saw Marsha, a local malay celebrity. Oh well.... x layan lar. Lol.


I couldnt be happier seeing Fang already at Bts station waiting for me. My rescuer. We were both so hungry we tapau at a mamak and only ate at 12pm. Then only I realized my heels was broken...TOO. Can you imagine what could have happen to me if they get completely broken when im in the concert.

I call that night perfection! The fans endured rain and thunder all the way through the concert. 3 1/2 hours under the rain. I am more than happy to be  part of the event. I hope Mariah have a good time here too. A return after 10 years. You dont get this often. 
It seems so surreal when she finally show up that night. I feel so alive, i guess that is what happie feels like. A dream come true. When i was singing before my fwenz during my bday i had this feeling. When i was at bali, at tanah lot i had this feeling.
*
*
*
The only concert i regret skipping this year was Alicia Keys'. Im not gonna miss any more of my fav. 







No comments:

Post a Comment