Thursday 21 April 2011

21st of April


Today is not an ordinary day...

3 huge things happened to me

1st- I finally handed in the final edited, hard covered Thesis. Should have done it long time ago but since I dun want the shop to earn more profit than they should, I decided to wait 10days for the hard cover to be done. The day was quite rush because I did not finish my reading for the worst ever subject, Animal Breeding.




I was quite touched when I finally held the books in my arms. It was always my dream to write a book... Well, Thesis is nothing close to a novel but still, I wrote it. It's my bayBEE

I was doing phylogeny research on two genus namely Heratemis Walker and Diachasmimorpha Viereck. These two types of wasps are parasitoids of fruit flies. Not much research has been done on both genus, particularly in Malaysia. My dream wasps is actually Vespidae; a bigger and brighter type of wasps but since my supervisor is proficient in Braconidae, so I gotta accept whatever given. Thesis defined me as a biologist/geneticist. I finally felt like a true geneticist! 


I used to be insecure telling people that I took pure biology and it was my first choice. I was ashamed of my course as little that I know the whole syllabus do not touch on human/sickness and cell biology. Wrong course!!! As much as I wanna escape maths, I was told biology and maths are like brothers-inseparable. Slowly, I got myself adapted to the subjects of conservations and partial basic genetic. I realized that I do love nature, more than I ever know it. I learned to appreciate basic science as Dr. Narimah said, What is technology without its resources? What is applied science without basic science? And no phylogeny through molecular technique without taxonomy based on morphology !!! LOL

Do I sounds like somebody? Well, many predicted that I would be a lecturer in the future.

2nd- Animal breeding-> last major and I sucks in it. So badly done!!! I wish to pass nia. I practically gave up on it. Was fooled that similar past year questions would be coming out. Tricky him... Lazy me! Doom habis! 

I HATE STATISTIC!!!

3rd- Well tired dy... I  will try to make it short =)


Geneticus 1st ever gathering, temporary the last as well. Feel sad to see everyone hugging and kissing goodbye. How come we never be that close before until it's time to say goodbye? Well, it was a simple sweet dinner with some funny games along the way. Latiff and the team did a wonderful job. It's a shame that I could not sing to them due to time restraint. I would have love to treat that song as a gift of friendship.



Anyway, after all foods and games. it was the emo-est time of the entire night. Heartfelt sharing. I was the 3rd being picked on. Damn it. Sniffing started since the 2nd person deliver her speech. Yor, I fail case lai k...By the 3rd line of sentences, tears rolled down and I directly broke down after thanking everyone. I wish I could controlled it better cuz I have so much to say... I guess it's wise to just post it here. 

As I was saying, It's quite sad to start off the friendships late. I never really spend time with my Malay coursemates but I do enjoy their companions. Maybe I don't talk much, play or greet you guys much, but deep inside, I observe and I appreciate your presence. Yawn, I leave out the personal heartfelt speech first. Soon~ 


Oh, BIOLOGY ROCKS!!!

& I LOVE You GENETICUS =)

2 comments:

  1. I could see two guys. This is sexual discrimination. btw love your quotes: What is technology without its resources? What is applied science without basic science?

    Love nature. I do~ =D
    oh btw u look awesome in that outfit + hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... hiao de... u were fast to comment dun u... so next time girls and boys... ite XDXD

    ReplyDelete