Saturday 24 July 2010

NT Music Revolution


I’ll be singing two songs in New Tune Intro Concert themed 
Music Revolution
This time, the committee has come up with an idea to do a spin on all the old hits starting from the 60’s until the latest offering from NT. I am given the honour to belt out Stand By Me and How Deep Is Your Love. These two songs are legends! In fact all chosen songs are great hits of the decades. 
 last NTLP logo
Gosh! I grew up listening to all these songs, the originals to the multiple versions of other singers. I guess I am adding another version to the list. But I wish mine would not end up being on the
Worst Ever Done Versions.
LOL...well, not funny!
I was worried when i was told to do How Deep Is Your Love as it wasn’t just vocally challenging but musically as well. My band mates said the song has weird chords. Well, Bee Gees brothers have mad vocal capabilities, so the song was tailored made for them.
I should have more confident to myself though cuz I have the whole band to count on to. They will do the best to make it suits me. Or rather, I suit the song. The band are back together and watching them jamming, head cramming to figure out the best flow for songs and those musical talks of chords and keys are hilarious to my ears.
 Alien language.
Well, if they can become multi-instrumentalist, perhaps I should tackle wider range and vocal ability. You know, like Sam Tsui- he plays accapella by himself!!! By da way, recently I like his version of Halo by Beyonce Knowles.
Well, I am glad to know that this Intro Concert would be at DAM. I sang at the KKM Dewan Konvensyen hall before and the stage is just too low and small that you don’t feel like you’re performing. DAM is a smaller version of our grand DECTAR hall. Finger cross that everything gonna be alright. I can’t wait to see others perform as well. There would be many beautiful songs lining up.
 many generation
 So, do come and support us. These efforts are for you guys who 
 love  
music and we wish that you guys would join us and be part of our big family. 
 u don't wanna miss this

2 comments: