Sunday 25 July 2010


After attending Komunikasi Saintifik class, knowing that there will be many assignments soon and the fact that i keep scaring myself about the difficulties in my Thesis made my heart sank. I do not possess any references other than my supervisor’s books and reports. None senior has been so keen to challenge the faculty to lay their hand on other major and get themselves in troubles. Now that I am permitted to do insects, I am demanded to add genetic elements into it. 


Theoretically, I am not afraid but I am never good in practical, lab work. I never have luck to get the result right and it shows my lack of professionalism and interest. Molecular and phylogeny of insects... PCR and all tools n kits... Oh my dear Dr. Salmah, please guide me closely. I am eager to learn but I am afraid of failing you and myself. 


I finally went for my 1st field trip and the first place to go is UPM’s farm/ small orchard to set the Malaise traps. This time is another form of setting as we are doing the open area sampling. The one that I have laid my hand on last semester was the wood area setting. Soon, I’ll be heading to Pahang’s primary forest for sampling. 

I really thought I would have chance to visit MARDI which is nearby UPM but well, I have to wait for another opportunity. Every now and then, I will need to go there to collect samples and do sorting which is the best part. That’s when you can examine and sort out the subjects of interest. My subject this time is heratemis walker, Allysiine. Not my favourite type of bee, but still a different type I could add to my list of proficiency.

Showoffy JC  
*eyes rolling*

tiring dao~ 

My only concern now is that I might not have time to rest as I am definitely giving my 100% to PT. I am dedicated, am I?

But I cannot sacrifice my education this year as I really want to graduate as 1st honour. At least a dean list. This year is my last shot and I can’t miss a single bullet. 
My form of activeness is to be equally good in the fields I am in which is a lot. 
Well, this is Jcdagreat’s blog.  
Everything stated here are meant to
verge on bragging in the most conviction plausible.

There was a conversation which I was in that makes me feel proud of myself the other day. It was among a few friends of mine who were very devoted in NT.

He said: I got a few Ds in my exams.

She said: I never got a D. But I got Cs.

Then I said: I never got a C!


Oops...piak piak JC!!! You sick blur gal.... blurted out wrong things at the wrong time!!!

So sorry, I didn’t mean it de. Our levels of scarification towards activity are different and obviously this comparison wasn’t fair and it ain’t one at all. 
But hor, if I really got a C, I might perhaps be very madly depressed. From STPM result till now, I have never got a C. I hate B too, really. Yet, i am not satisfied. 

I thirst for achievement. =.=
 

stupid faces i make when i am depressed

2 comments:

  1. wow, heratemis walker is so new that I cant even google it~

    post more info about it pls.

    typical bee colony? level of aggression? Amount of honey produced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.... that new? oops, im doom. I will write about it....but hopefully everythg works smoothly now

    ReplyDelete