Monday 5 April 2010

cha cha exam


      On the 22nd march, i had my cha cha exam which was the most not prepared exam in a long time. I missed 3 weeks of cha cha classes for another priority, New Tune. I did not have much of a chance to chase back right after as when i went to the class finally, i was told it’s the last class and on the 22nd, i shall have an exam to clarify me as a beginner cha cha dancer.
   durin da exam....hmmm
  Well, to those who knew me well, you should be able to imagine how bad i took it and how i react to it. i was totally sucked up with the fact that i was not able to follow the new set of movement and i have no time to learn. To make the matter worst, my partner from which i grow to like (pls dun take it wrongly...i noe u would) cannot make it to the exam cuz he need to accompanying a Japanese Prof to the airport...huh?? OMFG!!! It was totally a hard blow. He was a Japanese researcher who happened to do research in UKM who ages 30++. OMG, again!!!   
      me n my old partner
Another coronary bursts news was that i would be paired with a experienced senior who is i assumed 180cm tall if not higher. Imagine how i cross my hand over his head when his superb long hand holding mine. Imagine having to set my chin 45 degree up if i do not wish to stare at his chest for the whole dance. For goodness sake, he is so thin and everything else made me seriously uncomfortable dancing with him. Don’t get me wrong though. He is very nice man and he is the one who make this ballroom dancing society possible. 
    
  The cut the story short, i forgotten the steps when i thought i finally got all the steps right. My mind was blank throughout the dance. There was a cute guy saying that it wasn’t me who got the steps wrong. But me not being alert to notice who and why it went wrong was already a mistake. Still, it was a night to remember.
   da cha cha beginner gals
   I saw young passionate people like me nurturing their dancing skill and watching some of them dance gracefully made me feel good. Mei san was a great companion. I was glad to have her by my side all night. She is definitely the closest and most get along senior of mine. Lurve her lotsa.
    
I will definitely take ballroom dancing again. I heard there would be Samba this time....wohoo....partner anyone?? Add on with cha cha intermediate.... could be fun... but will there be free time for me if i choose to go for PT once  again? I wanna make this PT dance experience a special one...3 years on going.... could it be possible? I am not contended by just trying out variety of dances but also mastering em... contemporary dance was my first, so it should also be the 1st i shall master. 
      

Dancing make me feel free... erm minus the constriction of following steps which also why i love free style more. When i dance, i only feel myself... my mind will only concentrate on the rhythm and is always free from all sort of emotional stuff. So, let’s dance~

No comments:

Post a Comment