Sunday 2 May 2010

archustic jamming

LOL

I sang 'Storm in universe' to the composer and musician this afternoon. It's more like a simple audition to see if the composer like my voice and whether it suited the song or not. When i first heard this song, i felt like the song was a little bit weird. I don't really understand the lyrics and the story of the song. But when i tried listen again and once i started to sing, the feel came. It was as though a song i heard in the radio... from an album. I can totally feel the groove and ideas came on how i should sing and what sorta style i want.

I was a bit nervous when i was told to do a small audition to the original singer cum composer. But he seemed friendly and this eased my nerve. I was told that i did good and my voice is great, which was very flattering. Soo Yung gege gave me a hyper confidence boost. Thanks for giving me this opportunity and your  musical guidance. 

After the practise, Sam, Sansit, and Wei Rung came into the picture. We were suppose to go dinner after they came but when musicians group together, jamming would be the activity. We went to old town for dinner and then return to Dectar for some recording. Mana tau, we continue to jam....this time acapella came in and we try on a manderin song and a english song as well. Our version of 'Stand by me' is nice.... A random, sudden idea and that song was a perfect choice. For a 1st attempt de work, it was consider very well done. We were so high, we started to plan on shows and songs we wanna do and called ourselves temporarily as  UKMpella/fella..... dammit.... in a day, i witness very talented people showing off their skill and i learned so much of stuff about singing, in the most hilarious and craziest way... 

i have lotsa fun with great singers and musicians especially. U guys rocks!!! Pianists.... kim leng, sam, wei rung!!! gosh...guitarists....current n future....sooyung, siewin.... OMG.... with u fellas....i can explore myself better musically... i x improve also hard la. Loves you all to the max...muaks muaks.

Itu wei rung.... 1st time talk to him....serious wa....haha. You bring a lot of fun to us... multi-talented dude. Next time dance cha cha with me again.... i need a partner to practice. =)

I'm looking forward to the recoding in studio and to produce an album with u guys.... 

more jamming.... less fuss....woot =)

**will upload the recording once i found out how **


No comments:

Post a Comment