Sunday 17 January 2010

Singer gonna be...

Ooo...

I’m selected to sing as a main singer in NTLP this time. To be truthful, which could be very much annoying to many... I’m still yet to give 100% to the whole thing. You see, i join the audition with a heavy heart. I was persuaded by a senior friend and i made up my mind last minute to join it. i simply choose 2 songs to get it done and like usual, i don’t perform to my fullest in audition. So i did not bother much with the outcome too.


But soon, i received a congratulation note and was asked to try on few demos and go for the 2nd audition. I have chosen 3 outta 4 songs and i murdered 2 Chinese songs that very night. I walked out from the room feeling like a freak and i thot to myself that was it. The beginning of this sem, i got another congratulation note saying that i surpassed another round and i got the English song. I was stunned, speechless... but was not at all excited. In fact, i felt reluctant to go thru the whole process again.


I was asked to get a key testing although my song falls into the ‘still in consideration’ category, which was not a surprise anyway. Remarkably, i sang well that day despite being freezing cold n suffer with hungriness. I managed to project my voice just the way i wanted to. Perhaps it has something to do with my close singer friends being there and Ah fai essentially ease me up.

Ah fai, if you ever read this, i would like you to know that when i was 1st introduced to new tune, you were the one i look into. Somehow, you give me confidence and make me comfortable singing with you around. So it hurts me most when i know you were part of the committee that rejected me as the main singer last NTLP. Well, i don’t blame you... i just cannot accept the fact... it’s an issue of my attitude... uc, rejection=failure to me. It affected my self-assured very much as it wasn’t easy for me to build it up.

Well, if you ever remember my 1st audition with u...lolz.

So just ignore me as I already got over it. Anyway, nuff said. Now that I’m chosen to be part of the function, i will soon be occupied with losta practises and rehearsals. I’m not sure if i’m ready enough or if i am as determined as i was in PT. But i promise i will try to be at my best and give more commitments. At the end of the day, singing is still my 1st love. I just no longer love the club as i was.


This would be the 1st time i perform as main singer on my favourite stage in UKM-my song and my performance-my voice and my showmanship- an acknowledgement i was always seeking for...


I really wish my friends would be with me and witness my historical nite...it would definitely become my stepping stone for my future undertaking if i am to continue, to proceed chasing my celebrity dream. I have come a long way to stop persuading this dream, i may not force, but i will keep trying... i will not let any chance pass me by like my crush slip out from my grip one after another.


I may not be the best, i will never be, but i will not admit defeat without discovering my full potential and on how far i could go. This is the time i really do need a little luck with me... just to keep me healthy and fit for the upcoming hectic journey with all music lovers.

1 comment:

  1. In short, gambateh! There's a lot coming to u..

    ReplyDelete