Sunday 31 January 2010

my 1st rehearsal

Well. i will make sure i post something about my progress in NTLP 13. Today pre-show rehearsal was my 1st and i already made up my mind that i will be slammed gao gao by committee members. But i try to comfort myself that i shouldnt be nervous as they are my fwens and supporters... after all, they are the one that will performe along with me and go thru this dream with me....

So, as i waited for my song to be called up, i end up wondering where was my guitarist... he is the main instrumentalist cum the arranger... so many of us Q him. I especially, cause i got used to his playing and he set my key~ as we waited, my song postponed to the last and he yet to appear... he was at work and due some mishaps, he couldn't make it... i asked my other band mates if we should proceed as it was a confirm that we will be a mess.

I was put into a dilemma situation. I purposely came back early for my rehearsal as i wouldn't be able to make it next rehearsal due fieldwork on Saturday. Then, Andrew was here... the NTLP so called GOD... i always wanna meet him face to face after being facebook fwens for so long and i want him to judge me. I was seriously starstruck... yea~ sweat all u wanna... So, as i trusted his judgment, i really wanted to hear from him about my singing...

I wasn't really nervous but i was not at all comfortable missing an important band mate... since there have been few days not having practice, i  begin to worry if i would even get the key right. And i was right! My presentation was a disaster. I got the wrong key, i stopped the band once, before proceeding on the 2nd, i couldn't get my melody right with bass being master guider... but i proceed despite it. There was when my friends came reaching out for me... ah fai and siewin were there guiding me and sang out the correct key for me... i got back the right tract just after... but since i got affected earlier, the whole thing was consider damanged. I was seriously thankful for them saving me from further disaster.

So, the end note in the song was like a needle being pulled out from the buttock... a sign of relieve. I knew i'm a dead meat and i was ready for all sorta complaints.... but these critics are gonna help me develop... basically, i was really looking forward to~ at least they care...

So, i was told that i must be careful with my falsetto and i cannot make the mistake by calling the band to stop playing to repeat... big big mistake. Pronunciation was another one... i can't believe pronunciation was a problem for english speaker like me... no wonder there are always people saying they do not understand whatever i was saying...lolz. But they did not fix me u c... so, i was told to open my mouth bigger when sing, emphasize the wordings and catch breathing point...

Singing wise, Andrew said i was alright... his remark comforts me so much... i was seeking for more advise after hearing comments from all. i figured out that whenever i'm away from mike, everything are perfect. I think the song tempo was too fast for me and perhaps, i'm not comfortable with the speed. I am still lack of confidence and the inexperience me couldn't deal with sudden changes. I'm lack off so much of skills...

With them, i feel very much humble and lacking in all sorts... from this zero level, i will pick up soon... i promise~~ for all my friends, u guys are empowering and thanks for all the guidance.

I like most Siewin song... soo yong... u really good la... i din noe it was your song untill someone mention it... well done... too bad la...my LYAML tak masuk pun...=(

Almost all newtune instrumentalists are multi talented...haha...from drum set, they jump from base then to piano and more... n i din noe Ah Fai know drums de leh...  u guys are sexy u noe... talented peoples oozes charms...

Andrew looks more like 'human' in real person than in profile photo... haha... very nice man... shall hear more from you tho u r far at Australia...sigh.

4 comments: