Thursday 9 August 2012


I didn’t see it coming. Yes, I thought about it. But as long as he keeps mum about it, nobody will know what the final decision is. Or would he even make the call. So he did!

I was in Seremban 3 weeks ago. That was when I received a shocking news about my fwen aka senior leaving. After going gaga over that matter, the next thing that came into my head was that I would be grounded. 

No!!! 

When I wasn’t ready to leave, I was forced to leave. When I am not ready to come back, you gonna take me back in? How funny.

I have mixed reaction over it. I don’t dare to think about it. The branch people & even my mom advice me to ask for the opportunity from my boss. 1stly, I don’t think I’m in the right position to ask for it. Who am I to ask? & my uncertainty will not guarantee my full commitment for the branch. So I decided not to do so. 

He called me up. I saw an office number. I don’t know which branch was calling. He introduced himself & I was surprised. He told me that the branch, which was basically him, is taking me back. There’s a vacancy & he wanted me back. He called up the RM manager & also HR already. The only pending now is the paper works. OMG!!!

 He then started his old stories saying that he’s gonna train me & that I have to work hard to compete in the branch. Many trained under his management is now the young managers in many branches. I don’t doubt his claims, but that wasn’t that main thing for the conversation right? LOL! He continued that one day when he retired he might see me as a leader of a branch. Oh dear…He said it twice already. Once was before I left the branch. 

He often said I am someone who could be molded. It never really hit me like it should cuz I keep looking forward to leave one day which was very soon.  

Funny how the more I said I wanna leave, more reason keep me staying. 1stly, I don’t know where to go if I were to leave. 2ndly, I never make any solid plan to date. I don’t know what I was waiting.
I guess I just made history by being the MCO for the shortest duration! LOL!!!  WTF! Waive bubye to the luxurious claims. Waive bubye to many untried things in a lot of branches. 

But what I get back is the certainty of times & several plans can take place accordingly.
What’s so bad coming back to a familiar work space, a branch which I came from & with a boss who likes me. One thing for sure, I would be a threat to the seniors there. The moment I step in again, I carried myself as a graduated graduate trainee. I’m not even a MCO, the facilitator. I will come in as branch staff; I will have target & big huge responsibility to carry. Nope, not gonna be easy. Haiz. A lot of shits to take care of, but satisfaction is always there.

Go with the flow lor… I will learn to stop thinking so much. Learn to decide one step ahead but not up to the uncertainty in months ahead. 

I’m so humbled by what my boss did today. The fact that he had to go through the hustle to hand-picked me back before HR send anybody in. He didn’t just acknowledge my workability; he also indirectly told everybody else how impressive I am as a newbie. My boss, he is an influential man, respected by many & threatening to other branches.  HOE give him anything he wants. 

That was the good thing. I actually heard of the bad stuff too. It’s just my luck to have all those blinded from me & I wasn’t a branch staff long enough to see those yet. Maybe soon…. We’ll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment