Friday 4 November 2011

Numbers

First week went by and I really was looking forward for weekend. The first day I was in the building I could feel a whole new strange world waiting for me to explore. Not that I never expect it. It was just a little culture shock to me.... more than a little hiccup. Everybody was hell busy. They were always on the phone, always engage on the line and there wasn't anything in the room that spells fun. Too serious! First day was truly awkward. I was brought along to everybody and to survey the building. It was funny as those faces were very familiar to me and now they are my colleagues. I was a regular there :) So Hi all-times stranger-turned colleagues. 

Seriously, if you wanna learn a stuff or two, go to places where they are plenty of Chinese workers. You'll be surprise how efficient and hardworking they are. People will only come on time, nobody goes home early except for me. New ma! Too much works there and when you have a good boss, demands on you will be higher. As days went by, I get more comfortable there. I gotta still be cautious cuz I need to know how the rules n regulation in people management. Innocent people like me could die anytime without a reason. You'll never know! I'd better be sorry than to be fooled.

So far nothing la. Boss is nice~ good chatter, experienced banker, talked to him for 2 hours, I felt in love with my job scope. I got a senior who is really patience and not at all stingy in sharing knowledge with me. Everybody enjoy speaking in cantonese than in English except for boss. They gave me the same big surprise jaw dropping face when they know I came from biology. Ha Ha... Booya... shocking leh? I'm equally in disbelieve too! 

Like usual, every new place I go, I have people mistaken me for something. People will either suspect me from elsewhere and not Seremban. People will not believe I'm not engage in a relationship. They might wonder if I'm Christian. They will think that I'm very capable. Esp when I came in with 3.5 cgpa~ nowadays it isn't really high le. Don't doubt. I'm from UKM! Or maybe I am capable! People my age will think that I'm wild when I never once step into the club. Aish...I don't think my desire to go is that strong until it oozes into the thin air and be seen by your naked eyes.. C'mon!
So, since I'm the youngest there, I needa act innocent le... no chance to meow =(

I always end up in a brand new place alone, surviving alone, exploring alone. It makes me lonely and hell yea, that's when I'm strongest. That's also why I don't easily give in to any friendship. I don't know if it could be well kept. 

Age is not just a number. There's a value it carries. Everyone is blinded by how much wrinkles they produce and how close you are to death. They have forgotten the wisdom they've gain in life. In bank, age represent wisdom. Experience is value. Number is profit. The more I hate numbers, cuz it makes me anxious, the more I came across it. Now, I have to deal with calculation, Id, Ic, Acc, values, phone numbers. I hate phone calling, now everyday endless calls dialed in, and more dial-up I gotta make soon.

Wanna loan apa-apa, find me! Na, I won't get commission, I just wanna assist you. Give me a month, I will master it! Do not challenge a bio brain :)


No comments:

Post a Comment