Friday 7 May 2010

A wonderful week


Well, it all started during the middle of the semester. Whenever i saw audition flyers or pamphlets, i’ll be ever delighted. That day was another day i saw the audition for a function called ARCHUSTIC. What drew my attention was it composed of singing, dancing activities and also my senior, Soo Yung. He will be the one who incharge of this program. Hence, i messaged him for confirmation. That period, i was still busy with NTLP and also studies. On the1st day of audition, i was coming from outside the UKM and it was quite late already. Reluctance set in as there were quite a lot of people too. It was my 1st visit to Kejut/Architect faculty and i had some issues finding the exact audition room. There, due to nervousness, i murdered 2 songs and did a hilarious aka humiliate dancing...human pool dancing to be precise! haha. To me, with my experiences, that day act was totally disastrous. But somehow they wanted me and so, i am in.
I finally got some information about the function but it was during the final examination period. Hence, i missed the first briefing. I was told to stay back after the final for about another week. After breaking free from the end of 2nd year, 2nd sem, i was totally free from all responsibilities and be committed to this function. On the 1st day, the progress was a bit slow. But it was nice to be introduced to all the other musicians and singers. I am really lucky to have few New Tune friends with me. I was selected to the song “Storms in universe” and i do love this song. i love the saxophone melody more than any others. The few song composed by my senior are very fine too but i often have no luck with his song. 

LOL


 my composer

I have lotsa fun with them. Outta the blues, i was introduce to one genius who happened to be one of the senior in chacha dancing. I was surprise by his present and seeing his serious face. But that face didn’t last as very soon we all lost the strangers tension and ease up pretty fast. He is the funniest guy i ever met. SERIOUSLY!!! That fella.... omigosh.... i must admit i am slightly attracted to his charms. But sadly this guy aka the UKMpella’s sifu is going to Bintulu as he was promoted to be the head of the company’s franchise. May he be happy with his job there and still stay connected with us in UKM. 

 sifu
This whole week, especially when the night falls, we will jam songs and plays in the DECTAR hall. With the grand piano, 2 guitars, 3 damn cool pianist, 3 singers, 1 multi talented but know sikit sikit in all fields...the angel, the song composer...we formed the band UKMpella. Since all of us have the same but different level of musical root, we have each other to depend on when we try on many songs especially “stand by me” in acapella. As a first try out, a product of a night, it was consider very well constructed. 

It’s a week of musical knowledge, and chances for me to explore my own skill, vocal range and genre of music. I love the feeling of singing by the piano. I like the fact that i am capable of tackling diva’s songs. I enjoy playing choir along with my friends and harmonizing. I am delighted to know many music lovers too despite them being non-chinese. Music does not recognise skin colour and races. Music knows nothing but talents and passion.
 jamming

 the Indonesian gals

First time in studio recording was truly an exciting try out. I was kinda nervous and was exhausted for not sleeping early the night before. That night I was with my fellows singing at the beach cafe. We were auditioning aka performing....basically having fun. Another great moment with them. I only manage to sing one song....Angel, Jessica Simpson’s version. Due to none practice between me n my pianist, i dun dare a second try out.
at beach cafe
my gal
You guys are really great and impressive jamming partners. I am not at all hesitated to loosen up my tenseness and enjoy the whole process 100%. Some crappy stuff i did and said... haha... it was consider pretty fast that you guys could witness it in such short period of time jamming together. All those loud laughing....shirt pulling the guys kena teruk wei...erm...off shoulder la...then the cat fights... miaowwwwzz.... gosh. Shame a~ haha...
I wish you guys have as much fun as i do. Hey...we are fast becoming the GLEEK... haha...pls watch Glee and you’ll know what i’m sayin. Couldn’t have enough of u all...one week is too short. Shall meet up soon on the 6th june. I am waiting!!!
 i really love singing =)

No comments:

Post a Comment